Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Girl

As always, it's been too long. Many things have happened. Grandpa has passed away and is finally resting in peace with Grandma. Thankful they're together again, as hard as it may be for us. I have finished classes and am more than a quarter of the way through clinicals. I graduate in September. I already have a couple of job offers and more potential offers and am happy about that. I've just recently been able to let my part time job go to be able to spend weekends with my family. My husband has about a year left of school and he's doing so well. The big kids have finished first grade and the little guy is already two. But without going to much into anything else today, I just wanted to take a quick moment to talk about my daughter.

My little muse, my mini-me. Beautiful inside and out. She recently got glasses, and she's tickled pink that I got my first pair when I was her age. She is growing up to be such an amazing person, and I always want to make sure I foster that growth and make her understand and belief that she can do and be anything she wants to be. I love her little mannerisms--it's like looking at myself over 20 years ago. She's a mother hen, a bit of a klutz, with a big sweet smile and soft brown eyes. She just makes my heart melt, and she's coming to an age where I want to reinforce her self worth and remind her every day just how wonderful she is. Her cat collection, the way she wanted pink and purple curtains for her room instead of princess or character theme for the first time, and the way she loves to to climb and run and play outside as much as she loves dresses and nail polish. Her knees are bruised and scraped and she's becoming introspective and bookish and nurturing and lovely and she's the most perfect little girl I've ever laid eyes on. I love you, baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment